The AUSTSWIM TCS course aims to provide candidates with the competencies to bridge the gap between the teaching and coaching of swimming.
TCS Course Requirements
Candidates are required to:
- have an AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Licence.
- have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability.
The course consists of approximately 9 contact hours (theory and practical), plus 10 hours of practical observation hours. Topics include:
- Towards competitive swimming
- External influences and conditions
- Instructional styles
- Learning – making it work
- Development of competitive stroke technique
To gain the accreditation, the following assessment components must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the course commencement date:
- Practical assessment.
- On-line theory assessment.
- Complete the Teacher Declaration by agreeing to abide by the AUSTSWIM Code of Conduct
- Complete a brief online course evaluation
- Provide evidence of holding a current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) statement of attainment.
- Submit an endorsed photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence.
On successful completion of all course requirements candidates will receive the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes accreditation and as a result be issued the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes Licence.
Note: when you complete an AUSTSWIM extension course your AUSTSWIM licence will automatically be renewed for a further 3 years from the date when the extension licence is issued. If you complete your AUSTSWIM course after the initial 12 months (or your AUSTSWIM Licence has previously expired) your licence may be subject to backdating.